End of Year Review

Christ its time to review the year already! You guys weren't kidding when you said it'd fly by...

First off the things being planned for next year all sound very exciting. The getting out of Uni more sounds great to me, being in Leicester we're quite lucky that no where in the country is massively far away and we have great transport links. I understand frequent 'field trips' would be quite costly and health and safety is a constant nightmare. Also the increased focus on 'traditional art' seems interesting. Personally I'd quite like to see more collaboration between different departments and courses. We're part of highly regarded art and design university, yet we never seem to see much of it. When I was on the foundation course last year we were encouraged to go to different departments and interact with other students, share ideas ect. Now I understand that's not an easy thing for staff to organise and its something we could all do in our own time, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Iv surprisingly found the facebook system really useful not only as a way to receive feed back from tutors but also share work between classmate in all years. There's some really inspiring stuff on there at the moment that we might other wise not get to see.

In terms of my personal development thought the year. I find it very hard at the start of the year to get upto speed and struggled with the large class size. Im aware that's an unavoidable thing and that I should of tried harder, but at the time I guess I felt a little lost among the masses. In the second half of the year I think iv progress a little better but I have to say I don't think I yet to be work at my full potential. I have grand plans to really pull my finger out over the summer and get to grips with max. I've also been toying with the idea of signing up for some evening class's running at Leicester uni. In life art and sculpture, at the very least they should keep my brain ticking over. All in all I feel very positive about next year and think iv learnt a lot from the mistakes of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment